Thursday, November 8, 2007

Everyone Needs A Zorse!

Well maybe not a Zorse. Although, they are kind of cool looking.

But seriously, everyone needs pets. Believe me, we have dogs (4), cats (3), Cockatoos (3), other birds (?), rats (?) and hamsters (2). At least those are the ones I know about. And as much as I hate to admit it, I love them all and I wouldn't get rid of them.

I can't believe I'm actually writing this cause I'm sure my wife Melodie, will read it and I don't want to imply that it's OK to bring any more animals home. But I have to say she's great about taking care of them and as much as I joke about it, I am sort of offended if someone asks me why I go along with having so many pets.

First, let me just say "Happy Wife, Happy Life!" I know that Mel loves all her animals and the kids totally dig them too.

Second, I heard that kids that live in houses with pets, have stronger immune systems and are less likely to develop asthma. The good news there is that none of my kids should ever get seriously ill and I don't think inhalers will ever be an issue!

Third, it may not seem like it all the time, but I love my wife... and did I say "Happy Wife, Happy Life?" After all, she's the crazy bird/dog/cat lady, not me.

Now my lifestyle may not be for everyone, but there is something special about the unconditional love of a dog that will lick your face even after you just scolded them for something they did wrong. I'd just prefer if they didn't do it after eating from the cat box!

So if you've never had the pleasure of being a pet owner, please call me. I'll get Mel to hook you up. She even knows where you can get a Zorse, if you want one. But don't think I'll be giving up any of ours.

6 comments:

Melodie said...

Awwwwwww!!! It may not always seem like it but I do love you!! ;o) This is the sweetest thing you've said maybe ever and I have to admit, is waaaayyyy better than flowers!

Melodie said...

Wait, don't let that lead you to believe that I don't want flowers! hehe!

Guy Ellis said...

I don't want to interrupt the two of you but I do have some comments.

Are you sure that it's a Zorse? Perhaps it's a horzebra or a horebra?

What do your pets cost you? I know that we were looking at an email that quoted the cost of owning a dog over 11 years in $19,000. Was that the figure that we saw?

Melodie said...

Well Guy, I would add up what we spend and give you a figure but I think that if we actually put a number on it there is a serious risk of Tom having a heart attack so it's probably best if we don't. ;o)

I started to answer your question on here but it got very long so I'm going to just blog about it myself. Click on Diaries of a Mad Woman on Tom's homepage to get to my blog.

BTW, if you click on the link Tom has on Zorses, you'll find the answer to what the correct name of a Zorse is although I do like horebra myself, hehe!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your comments Tom and Melodie...it's quite obvious you love each other, and that BOTH of you love the animals and birds. Re your kids, raising animals also helps to keep them out of trouble, and learn more responsibility, plus gives them the opportunity to learn to love them too, just like you do. Kudos to both of you! Joyce

Unknown said...

Great job Tom, I love the happy wife, happy life part..
Bob