Monday, October 29, 2007

Why am I doing this?

Well I figure it's time for me to make my mark on the Internet. All those other fly-by-night dot-comers have generated the hype, so Tombo has arrived and now I am ready to take over where Google, Yahoo and Facebook have left off. So look out Microsoft and Matt Drudge; I'm ready for my fifteen minutes.....

Well actually, I feel like I'm incredibly behind. I mean, I am a programmer and I should have some sort of web presence. I just never really thought I'd be a very good writer and I know about as much about web pages and html as I do about Sanskrit. So why am I starting a blog?

I'm not really sure. I kinda want to test the waters. Like one of those almost-famous local crazy guys that seeks the Republican nomination for President even though he doesn't own a car and he's been a Communist for the last 20 years. I want to see if anyone will read any of the crazy stuff that I think about. Actually I want to see if I can even think up crazy stuff any more.

Everyone always laughs at my stories so I know I can BE funny. Now is my chance to see if I can be spontaneously funny without trying too hard. After all, I had a couple of friends tell me that I should do something funny on the Internet. So sit back, relax and enjoy my rants.

2 comments:

Guy Ellis said...

Looking forward to years of entertaining stories from you Tombo!

Guy Ellis said...

I've added your blog to my RSS feed. Just in case you didn't know, this is your RSS feed:

http://tombostales.blogspot.com/atom.xml